Super Rugby – Round 12 is upon us.
This week there are four Kiwi sides rolling their sleeves up, with the Chiefs entertaining a bye. From a Kiwi perspective, the big game has to be the Crusaders vs Hurricanes. The Crusaders are currently on the wave of a most incredible start to the season, but the Hurricanes have x-factor all across the park.
The Highlanders are away to the Bulls and the Blues host the Cheetahs in the other Kiwi matches. The expectation is that the Kiwi sides should pull away victorious in both of those matches.
Bulls vs Highlanders
- Head to Head – Played 19. Highlanders 12, Bulls 6, and 1 Draw.
- Last 10 matches – Highlanders 5, Bulls 5.
- Highlanders record in Pretoria – 5 wins and 5 losses. Last time they won in Pretoria was 2011.
Crusaders vs Hurricanes
- Head to Head – Played 30. Crusaders 17, Hurricanes 10, and 3 Draws.
- Last 10 matches – Hurricanes 6, Crusaders 4. Hurricanes won last year’s game in Christchurch 35-10.
- Hurricanes record in Christchurch 5 wins and 12 to the Crusaders. 3 of these wins coming since 2012.
- When a non kiwi referee has been in charge the Hurricanes have only won once in Christchurch.
Blues vs Cheetahs
- Head to Head – Played 10. Blues 7, Cheetahs 3.
- Cheetahs have never beaten the Blues in New Zealand. The average score in these matches are 35-18 to the Blues.
We are building a community here at The 1014 and want you to be part of the journey.
You can get involved by:
1. Download the App by clicking here to start the journey
2. Like our Facebook page. You can get there from here.
3. Subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can get there from here.
4. Share, comment, feedback, create content and just get involved
Author: Steven Prescott
I am a total sports fanatic; it is as simple as that. I love all sports, and when I’m not sitting at my computer living my dream with The 1014, I am planning adventures. The last time I did this I ended up convincing my wife to cycle 26,125km across three continents, and 22 countries with me as part of the Pedalling Prescotts.